How To Use The Wayback Machine To Download Wayback Machine Archive
What is wayback machine?
As the name suggest its “Digital machine” or digital archive which keep the old data that has ever been live on the internet since the birth of the internet. Just like a time machine Its keep the data in the form of HTML pages, CSS, Js, Jquery and all other possible data that’s ever live on the internet can get through internet archive wayback machine download.
How to Use Wayback Machine?
A lot of people use the wayback machine to view the history of domains and websites they going to buy . While considering the other factors by Moz like DA PA , AR DR by Ahrefs wayback machines gives a snapshot of what data of website was ever live on the internet . It also gives information about a domain if it has been banned for some unethical means.
wayback machine also help you save a backup of your websites’ data . You can easily create your account on wayback machine website and take backup there.
Apart from viewing the snapshots of the website you can also download the entire website from the wayback machine.
Wayback Machine Download Snapshot
As already discussed wayback machine saves data in the form of snapshots .so you can always use the option wayback machine download entire site to get it’s all data.
But this option is not available on the official site of wayback .there are numerous wayback machine downloader free available in the market which will let you download data. You can easily get it by searching “wayback machine downloader windows” on google chachu.
But They also have some drawbacks keeping the limit of the site data to 20MB or 50 MB. if you want to Download Entire Website Wayback Machine they will ask you to pay $10-$15 for getting entire data.
This option is of no use when it comes to getting data of site which has large data ranking in google search as the charges they charge will be a lot more than they show on their websites.
So why not to know an alternative to download site from wayback machine which has large data?
How To Download Website From Wayback Machine
There are many tools available like Httrack to download website from current time, But downloading website from wayback, is also possible with the help of a Ruby Script developed by Hartator. Using ruby gem file you can easily download wayback machine website data .
To download wayback machine site you need to follow certain steps
- Download Ruby
- Wayback Machine Downloader Gem File Install Via Command line
- For Mac or Linux Based System Nothing Special Needed, Just Need to Run Command for Install Wayback machine downloader Gem.
How to Download Website from Wayback Machine (Windows PC)
- Download and install Ruby according to your operating system 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Go to Search and Look For CMD to run with Ruby option (refer image).
- Now type the command gem install wayback_machine_downloader
- After running this program it will successfully install ruby in your system.
- Then simply Open from your system and enter the website address of your choice which you want to download.
After that replace the timestamp portion: here 20160608151239 is the timestamp that is
From June-2016.You can easily get this on wayback machine website.
- Once the download file completes you can view the files at c:\users\username\website folder.
And here you get the copy of your data from wayback machine downloader .
How to Save Entire Website From Wayback Machine Linux Based System.
- You dont need to isntall ruby for this .Just open terminal in your MacOS.
- Write command gem install wayback_machine_downloader
- sudo gem install wayback_machine_downloader -n/usr/local/bin
This will install wayback machine downloader in your system and you can follow the same process told above and this way you get to know How To Use The Wayback Machine .