Best Call Center Software Solutions
Call Center Software
- Call center is an office in which large numbers of telephone calls are handled especially one providing the customer services functions of a large organization.
- It is a centralized office used for receiving or transmitting a large amount of requests by telephone.
- A call center software are software solutions that help call center agents access the right information and knowledge about a customer’s history to improve the overall customer experience.
- A call center software is also called call center CRM i.e. Customer Relationship Management.
- Features of call center software
- Types of call center software
- Why do we need a call center software?
- Working of call center software
- Advantages of call center software
- Best call center software
- Top free and open source call center software
Call center software features
Following are the most common features that a call center software must possess.
These features will help you to decide which call center software to opt and which call center software will meet your requirements.
- Telephony call center software feature
- Telephony is a telecommunication technology.
- It is the heart of call centre software.
- This feature allows two or more people to communicate with each other over telephone.
- Interactive voice response(IVR) call center software feature
- Most essential feature of call center software
- IVR uses another software known as voice recognition software that allows callers to route to specific departments.
- When someone calls, they first hear the IVR greeting and then chooses the required option from the series of options the recorded voice provides.
- Further action is decided based on the action chosen by the caller.
- IVR enables simple routing functionality to systems that enables customer to access their accounts.
- In simple words the purpose of IVR is to take caller’s input, process it, and return a result.
- Automatic call distributor(ACD) call center software feature
- It is the backbone of the call center software.
- It routes incoming call to the most appropriate agent with a call center.
- It also collects data usage, for example call volume, calls handled, call duration, wait time etc.
- It automatically places call to relevant users, cutting down wasted time and resources.
- ACD may vary from a simple push button virtual operators to the one’s that use caller ID or voice recognition.
- Skills based routing call center software feature
- Skills based routing feature of call center software optimizes the services the call center provides to their customers.
- It makes calls to agents, departments, or teams based on some rules.
- In this feature tags are assigned to agents on the basis of their department, unique skill set, area of expertise, language etc.
- Calls are routed to agents based their tags.
- This call center software feature is an excellent way to ensure that callers are routed to the agent who is most qualified to meet their needs.
- Call queues call center software feature
- When all the agents are busy this feature of call center software holds the callers in a waiting queue.
- Call center software solutions allows to queue individual calls for each department, agent, team or tags assigned to agents for skills based routing purposes.
- It is an essential feature if one wants to optimize their performance.
- Automatic screen pop call center software feature
- When the phone rings this call center software feature displays the information about the caller on screen automatically.
- The information to be displayed can be customized according to the caller’s need .
- The information that is displayed involves caller’s name, picture, phone number, address, email address, company name, position in company, phone number they have dialed.
- This feature helps to provide a customized service to the caller’s.
- Business tools integration call center software feature
- Many call center software solutions integrate business tools to provide comprehensive information about callers.
- After integration with business tools the call center software will display the previous purchase history, phone calls done with the company, chat transcripts, voicemails, notes, cases, support tickets etc.
- Call control call center software feature
- It refers to the basic call functionality such as hold call, mute call, conference call, transfer call, hang up call.
- Disposition code call center software feature
- This feature provides the description of the outcome of the call.
- It appears next to the call in the contact’s profile as well as on recent calls.
- It helps to label calls.
- Call recording call center software feature
- This feature records and saves live calls so they can be listened to afterwards.
- They act as a reference for agents before they reach out to the customers.
- This feature is also helpful for managers to view agent’s performance and decide whether they can handle live calls or not.
- Call monitoring call center software feature
- This call center software feature allows managers to monitor the ongoing call between the agent and the caller.
- It ensures that newly hired agents are up-to-speed
- It helps to keep an eye on performance of entire team.
- Call barging call center software feature
- It allows managers to interfere in ongoing call between caller and agent and speak to both of them.
- This feature is useful when callers wants their call to be connected to managers.
- Whisper coaching call center software feature
- This feature of call center software helps managers to optimize performance of agents.
- It allows the managers to drop in a live call to speak to agent without knowing the caller.
- This feature of call center is helpful in training new agents.
- Conference calling call center software feature
- This feature of call center software feature allows two or more people to communicate with each other simultaneously at the same time.
- It allows different departments to collaborate with each other effectively.
- This feature of call center software resolves the problem of multiple transfers of call while resolving complex issues.
- Voicemail, transcription and notifications call center software feature
- Voicemail feature of call center software allows the callers to leave a message when the agents are not available to take the call.
- The voicemail transcription feature of call center software transcribes the recorded voicemail and stores it in the caller’s activity feed.
- Predictive dialer call center software feature
- It is a call center software feature that automatically makes calls to several callers just before a agent is available.
- When any one of the caller answers it connects the call to the available agent.
- Click-to-call call center software feature
- This feature of call center software allows to make call on any number just by clicking on it.
- This feature can work in any call center, CRM, helpdesk, sales force, ecommerce platform, marketing software and any website which have a phone number.
- Real time reporting call center software feature
- This feature of call center software displays call center metrics in real time in an agent and manager dashboard.
Types of call center software
Following are the various types of call center software that one can opt for their call centers.
- On-premise call center software
- It is the first variant of call center software in which the call center software, the hardware and all the associated infrastructure is installed in the premises itself either by the IT staff or any other outside service provider.
- This type of call center software is useful to maintain control over the integrated systems as well as on data.
- This type of call center software is suitable for centralized teams that require their data to be local and need a dedicated IT staff that can maintain and update their software as well as hardware.
- In spite of the advantages provided by this type of call center feature, one of the major disadvantage is that it requires costly upfront investment for hardware, software, licensing and infrastructure.
- It provides limited option for integration and customization.
- It also requires regular updates of software.
- Hosted call center software
- This type of call center software is hosted off site .
- It is operated through a network connection that may be accessed either through internet or not.
- The entire call center software is on a hosted platform offsite.
- They are cheaper than on-premise software solutions.
- This type of call center software is maintained by service provider thus upkeep and implementation is easier.
- Like on-premise software solution it provides limited options for integration and customization.
- It also requires regular updates of software.
- Cloud call center software
- This kind of call center software is hosted online.
- It can be accessed through an android app using internet.
- Under this kind of call center software all the data is stored on cloud and can be easily cached so that it is accessible offline as well to the users.
- Implementing and enabling a cloud call center software is a typical task.
- This type of call center software offer more cost effective solutions as users can share resources.
- This type of call center software offers better security, privacy and uptime as compared to on-premise and hosted call center software.
- Browser based call center software
- This type of call center software provides all the call center software features in the computer’s browser itself that can be easily accessed through internet.
- It allows teams to access the call center software from anywhere where there is internet.
- It allows distributed departments, offices, agents, teams to stay connected to each other.
- It is a cost effective call center software solution due to multi-tenancy.
- This type of software is easiest to scale and implement.
Why do we need call center software?
- A call center software allows organizations to operate a call center to support and solve customer queries.
- It serves as a helpdesk for customers.
- Call center software allows customers to communicate with company about their business products, services and issues.
- Call center software allows two way communication between the company and the customer.
- An efficient call center software enables agents to deliver better service to their customers.
Working of call center software
A call center software basically administers incoming calls of customer to solve their queries related to their issues and company products and services.
The working of call center will determine the quality of service provided to customers of the organization.
Working of call center software involves following steps:
- The call center software checks the caller’s identity by verifying from the database. If the caller is new the software makes an entry in the database.
- If the caller is not new the call center software displays all the necessary information about the caller to the agent.
- The caller then answers to the automated voice and then is transferred to the appropriate agent.
- On taking the call the agent assist to the caller by providing necessary instructions to solve their issues and queries.
- If the issue is not solved at the same time, the call center software maintains the status of the call.
- Based on the caller’s response, the agent indicate the status of the ticket as open, closed, resolved or needs follow-up.
- If the status is closed, the call center software sends an email to the caller for their feedback.
Advantages of call center software
The overall goal of call center software is to enable business to provide their customer the best possible service.
Call center software provides following benefits
- Lower costs
- Small remote teams
- Enhance security
- Operational flexibility
- Productivity booster
- Improves customer relationships
Best call center software
Here are some of the best call center software
- FreshDesk call center software
- It is an cloud based call center software solution designed to fulfill the needs of both small businesses and large organizations.
- Its features include multichannel capability, integrated game mechanics to increase agent productivity, multiple SLA policies, smart automations and self service portals.
- You can download trial for this call center software: https://freshdesk.com/call-center
- Five 9 call center software
- It is a leading call center software.
- It provides a mix of inbound and outbound capabilities that are combined to create active blending.
- This call center software provides intelligent routing capabilities.
- You can download the trial version for this call center software: https://www.five9.com/connect/call-center-software-download
- Vocalcom call center software
- This call center software provides cloud based platform.
- It also includes video and co-browsing and seamless transition from self-service to live service.
- Try the demo service of this call center software by clicking on: https://www.vocalcom.com/
- PlayVox call center software
- This call center software is basically a monitoring software for live chat, email and phone designed to help business organizations analyze how the staff interacts with the callers.
- It also helps to train their staff for better customer satisfaction and services.
- Try the free trial of this call center software: https://www.playvox.com/
- Convoso call center software
- This call center software provides a simple to use platform designed to supercharge your call center software productivity.
- The system requires no hardware or phone to make calls rather uses soft phone that needs an active internet connection.
- It is a browser based call center software.
- Try this call center software by clicking : https://www.convoso.com/
- DeskForce call center software
- It is a call center software that is equipped with suite of real-time communication solution designed for effective client management.
- It is a cloud based call center software.
- Try this call center software by clicking on: https://www.deskforce.com/
Top free and open source call center software
Most available and top free and open source call center software involves
- OSDial call center software
- It is equipped with ten preconfigured phones to get 10 agents make calls.
- It is a general purpose dialer.
- Download OSDial call center software: https://sourceforge.net/projects/osdial/
- GOautodial call center software
- This call center software is much more active forum than OSdial.
- It is equipped with GOadmin, GOagent, and GOreports.
- Download GOautodial call center software: https://www.goautodial.org/
- Crazycall call center software
- It has the ability to automatically route calls to specific agents based on preset criteria.
- It produces sales report and allows to compare agents.
- It is a user-friendly call center software.
- Download crazycall call center software: https://www.crazycall.com/
- Pamela call center software
- This call center software was certified first for Skype add-on application.
- This call center software allows to record any Skype call, mono or stereo plus Skype chats.
- Download Pamela call center software: http://www.pamela.biz/en/download/
- Bitrix24 call center software
- It is a cloud based call center software.
- This call center software features include intranet and customizable web-based lead forms.
- Download call center software: https://www.bitrix24.com/uses/free-call-center-software.php