Want to protect your house from catching fire before it’s too late? If your answer is yes, then you would surely need a smoke alarm or a smoke detector. A smoke detector is one which alarms you on the occurrence of fire. Thus you can protect your house or your workplace before the fire burns it down.
The greatest advantage smoke alarm provides is that it indicates you about the fire at the very right moment of its occurrence. According to a report of the US National Fire Protection Association, there were 0.53 deaths per 100 fires in homes with smoke alarms in contrast to 1.18 in homes without smoke alarms. This clearly signifies that yes, you need a smoke alarm for your house. It enables your escape from a fatal catastrophe.
There are numerous smoke alarms with a plethora of features available for use. The biggest confusion is which one to buy? Here is all you need to know before buying a smoke alarm for your house.
The first thing you need to check is the functionalities of smoke alarms. Many smoke alarms are capable enough to detect high levels of carbon monoxide. Thus if you want to have the most out of the value paid for smoke alarms, then you must be sure about the functionalities of the smoke alarms.
The next thing you need to know is the type of sensors. There are generally three types of sensors smoke alarms posses. These are the photoelectric sensor, ionization, and dual sensor. According to your state’s regulations select smoke alarms with appropriate sensors.
Smoke alarm battery life is another important factor to the thought off. Generally, smoke alarms have 10 years of battery life. Other smoke alarms require recharging after 6 months for proper functionality. Thus you need to have a smoke alarm with a battery life feasible for you.
Last but not the least factor to be considered is the smart features of your smoke alarms. Smart features can be sending an alert to mobiles, controlling alarm sound, battery life being monitored, etc. Smoke alarms with these features are much popular. Also, they provide better service than other smoke alarms. Thus be sure that your smoke alarms have such features.
The definition of best smoke alarm is not crystal clear. It all depends on your needs and requirements. For you, we have sorted a list of some best smoke alarms available. Hope it helps you find your best smoke alarm.
In case you are in hurry we have a complied list of best smoke alarms rated no by consumers. you can check below.Otherwise keep scrolling to know more
First alert smoke alarm
This smoke alarm also falls under the category of dual sensor smoke alarms. It protects you from smoldering fire through its photoelectric and ionisation technology. It could connect up to 18 devices at a time. Out of these 18 devices, 12 can be smoke detectors. One of the features of this smoke alarm that will attract you is its OptiPath 360 technology. With this technology, it provides 360-degree access to the smoke sensors. Any smoke present in the air would reach the smoke alarms in seconds.
Another exciting feature is the two latching feature. This feature uses LED lights for depicting which units set off an alarm and when it requires a new battery. With its battery backup, it continuously provides monitoring even when power is off. Thus, with these unique features at such a price this smoke alarm can be a great option to go for.
- Provides low battery alerts.
- The dual sensor enables greater protection.
- Can connect up to 18 first alert devices.
- OptiPath technology provides advanced protection.
- Does not support emergency safety lights.
- Does not provide voice warnings.
- Keep your family safe with this 6-pack of hardwired smoke alarms; the battery backup means constant monitoring, even if there's a power failure
- Equipped with both a photoelectric and ionization sensor to quickly detect both fast burning, and smoldering fires, which alerts you with an 85-decibel alarm
- Equipped with Optipath 360 technology that enhances detection with 360-degree access, and reliably detects smoke
- To ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom
- Simple to use, with a single test/silence button and side-load battery compartment; included mounting bracket makes installation easy
#Nest Protect (2nd generation) #Nest smoke alarm
This great product is a dual-sensor photoelectric smoke alarm or detector. It has loads of features which delivers a great experience to its users. In addition to this, it has an extra carbon monoxide detector as well. The nest smoke detector consists of a split spectrum sensor with a blue LED sensor and infrared photoelectric sensor. This smoke detector with photoelectric technology protects you both the types of fires. It is the only smoke detector for residential purpose to have this feature.
It also contains sensors for testing heat and humidity. This helps in judging whether it is actual fire or just rise in temperature. Another feature of nest protect that will attract you is its wireless connectivity. You can easily control the device through the Nest App. This smoke detector also works if you are not connected to the network. In such a case, you will not receive any notification on your mobile phone. it also notifies you about its battery running low. Thus you do not have to worry about it. It is available in both battery and hardwired version. Thus, for the price spent on acquiring it, this could be a great option for you.
- Consists of spill spectrum sensor which provides additional security.
- Supports a carbon monoxide detector.
- Glistening design.
- It can connect up to 18 devices.
- Separate sensors for heat and humidity.
- Needs Wi-Fi connectivity to send alerts to mobile phones.
- Comes with only 2 years of warranty.
- Needs a router with IPv6 support for working.
- Phone Alerts: Nest Protect sends you a message when there's a problem or the batteries run low.
- Smoke and CO Locator: Nest Protect speaks up if there's smoke or CO and tells you where it is, so you know what to do.
- Detects CO: Carbon monoxide is an invisible, poisonous gas. Nest Protect tells you where it's hiding.
- A Light in the Dark: Usually Nest Protect has its light turned off, but when you walk underneath it, Pathlight can light your way.
- Fast Detection: Every second counts. The Split-Spectrum Sensor looks for both fast and slow burning fires.
kidde smoke and carbon monoxide alarm
This smoke alarm gets its powers from 3 AA batteries. It’s some unique features for providing security makes it a user’s choice. In case of a false alarm, you can press the silencing button. This button snoozes the smoke alarm for 10 minutes. During this time interval, it checks again whether there is actual fire or not. Its security system comprises of flashing lights, beeping and voice alarms for alerting in case of fire. The alarm announces words like fire, warning, carbon monoxide in case of emergencies. Another exciting feature is the CO detector. It warns you when the CO level increases then the set level in the detector.
- Additional CO detector.
- 7 years of battery life.
- Can interconnect with 24 Kidde devices.
- Contains a silence button for stopping false alarms.
- Does not support photoelectric sensors.
- Do not have emergency safety lights.
- Smart Hush - Nuisance alarms are silenced by pressing the hush button.
- Smart 2-in-1 Voice Alarm - Voice announces "Fire!" or "Warning! Carbon Monoxide"
#Kidde Firex smoke alarm #Kidde smoke alarm recall
It indicates threat through its red LED flashlights until it is reset. It can interconnect with other firex smoke alarms allowing you to form a network of devices in your house. This allows protecting your house even if a fire occurs in any corner of the house. It silences unwanted alarms within 8 minutes. Thus, you don’t have to panic in a false alarm. It makes use of the ionized sensor for detecting smoke. Thus it may require to buy photoelectric sensors separately for additional security.
- Designed for 10 years of work.
- Battery changing is simpler with the front loading battery door.
- Does not support photoelectric sensors.
- Comes only with 5 years of warranty.
- Red LED flashes until reset for quick, clear identification of initiating smoke alarm in interconnected system
- Visible low battery indicator helps locate chirping unit
- Front loading battery door makes battery changing simple, power link tab makes installation faster
- False alarm control quiets unwanted alarms for up to 8 minutes
- Interconnects with other compatible Firex smoke alarms and heat alarms
Onelink safe and sound by the first alert
This smoke alarm is an Alexa enabled smoke alarm. It is first of its kind. With the first alert OneLink home app you can easily get notifications in fire situations. Along with this through this app, you can monitor the battery level, carbon monoxide level in the air and many more. Through its voice location technology, it alerts you about the type as well as the location of danger in your house. It can easily interconnect with other first alert devices in your house. It can also connect with non-first alert devices as well. Thus it provides complete security to your house.
- Alexa enabled.
- Voice location technology helps in detecting the location of the danger.
- Requires AC power.
- 3 years of warranty.
- ABOUT SAFE and SOUND: First Alert introduces Onelink Safe and Sound, an Alexa enabled, Apple HomeKit compatible hardwired photoelectric smoke and electrochemical carbon monoxide alarm, featuring a state of the art, omni directional speaker backed by First Alert's unparalleled reliability and equipped with the power of Alexa
- EASY MOBILE CONTROLS: Get remote notifications of an emergency in your home for 24/7 safety, plus track carbon monoxide levels, customize nightlights, and more, using First Alert's Onelink Home app
- NO MORE CONFUSING BEEPS: Track battery levels in the app and optimize safety by knowing when it's time to replace them. AirPlay 2 enables a wireless multi room audio system, creating an easy way to stream music anywhere in the home to different iOS and other AirPlay 2 compatible devices
- VOICE ALERTS: Key voice location technology announces the type and location of the danger in your home, keeping your entire home safe and connected during an emergency
- EASY TO INSTALL: Optimal ceiling placement enhances the speaker's acoustic quality; make installation fast and easy by using the included AC adapter plugs to replace your existing hardwire alarms without rewiring (AC power is required for Onelink Safe and Sound)
Last update on 2019-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API