Best Hair Colors For Your Skin Tone Chart
What Is Hair Coloring | How To Color Hair?
- Hair coloring is the technique of changing the natural hair color of your hairs.
- The major reason for hair coloring is to cover the grey or white hairs.
- One may also color hair for restoring the natural hair color destroyed due to hairdressing process or because of any other reason.
- Also hair coloring may be adopted as coloring hair is in fashion and is considered desirable by most men and women.
- Best hair color for brown skin
- Best hair color for dark skin
- Best hair color for pale skin
- Best hair color for olive skin
- Best hair color for fair skin
- Best hair color for cool skin tones
- How to select best hair colors for your skin tone?
- Techniques of applying hair color
- Types of hair coloring
- How to maintain hair color?
Best hair color for brown skin
- Brown skin color falls under the warm skin tone category of variety of skin colors.
- Combination of warm shades of blonde and brown is a best hair color for brown skin.
- How much shade of blonde color and brown to mix to perfectly match the skin color depends whether you have light warm skin color or dark warm skin color.
- Dark brown colors such as chocolate are best suited for dark warm skin color.
- Butterscotch hair color is also suitable for warm skin colors.
- Light brown color also provides a natural look to people with light warm skin colors.
- Adding blonde highlights to light brown color hairs is also a good option for people with light warm skin colors.
- Reddish blonde or strawberry blonde can also be a good option for warm skin toned people.
- Cool shades like dark chocolate, chestnut, dark auburn and mocha are also great options to choose from.
- A complementary brown shade highlights and gives a natural look to light brown skin color tone.
- A bleached blonde accompanied with caramel blonde provides a younger look to the person with war skin colors.
- People with medium brown color skin tone can choose copper hair color for a washed-out appearance.
- Purple hair color goes well for people with dark brown skin.
Best Hair Color For Dark Skin
- Darker colors accompanied with highlights with warm colors are considered best hair color for dark skin.
- Dark red or honey-hued can be good option for people with dark skin.
- Shades of maroon colors also work well.
- Warm colors like mahogany, maple brown and toffee color may also be suitable for dark skin toned people.
- Dark brown color is considered as the best hair color for dark skin. It is the safest color that provides a glow to your dark skin and goes perfectly with it.
- Combining colors such as milk chocolate brown, caramel brown with dark brown would be good options as they match with personality of most dark skinned people and easily goes with fashion.
- Burgundy hues go well with dark skin color.
- Red hair color for dark skin colored people can also give a strong look.
- If you want to look bold and vibrant, go for purple hues.
Best hair color for pale skin
- Golden blonde color for hair for people with pale skin is just perfect. It makes their skin glow because with its yellow undertones.
- If you have blue eyes with pale skin then light shades of golden blonde would be just perfect.
- The brassy blonde color with subtle shades orange in it go well with pale skinned people.
- Golden color with brown color of hairs gives a beautiful look to people with pale skin.
- Auburn is also a great option of pale skinned people to color their hair with it.
- Platinum blonde color works well for people with cool toned pale skin. This hair color is a perfect match with blue eyes.
- The rosiness of pale skin can be balanced out with dirty brown shade of colors.
- Pastel blue is also a wonderful option to go with the redness of the pale skin. The rosiness of pale skin creates a nice contrast with the blue shade.
- Aqua green or mermaid green makes pale skinned people look gorgeous.
- Lavender color for pale skinned people never goes out of trend.
- Light ash blonde color also works for people with pale skin color.
- Medium champagne color with green or blue undertones works great for them.
Best hair color for olive skin
- Reddish brown colors like autumn, shades of chestnut and cinnamon provides a great look for people with cool toned olive skin.
- Darker brown color also works with cool tone of olive skin.
- Deep golden and caramel hues color works well for people with olive skin and warm undertones.
- Burgundy color is much popular to be used by people with olive skin.
- Darker shades of blue based reds are the best hair color for olive skin.
- Rich auburn, honey blonde, golden blonde are some much preferred options by people with pale skin.
- People with olive skin must avoid black and ash colors for their hair as it may destroy their look.
- Chocolate brown color is also a preferred choice which can enhance the look and appearance of people with olive skin.
- Dark golden brown with shades of honey gold color also suits olive skinned people.
- A violet based color enhances the natural look of olive skinned people.
- Chocolate brown color is also a good alternative.
Best hair color for fair skin
- Lot of hair colors go well with fair skin.
- Light auburn is the best hair color for fair skin. It is a perfect match for people with light eye color along with fair skin.
- Butterscotch hues, strawberry blonde and honey hues go well with fair skin adding glow to your skin.
- Blue based color is also a great option for fair skinned people.
- Light blonde color also enhances the look of the fair skin of people.
- Lighter red and copper color also works well for fairer skin.
- Caramel hues can also be a great option for people with fair skin along with warm undertones.
Best hair colors for cool skin tone
- Wheat blonde and walnut shade is a good option for people with cool skin tone.
- Mahogany color works well for people with cool skin tone.
- Medium and light brown color is also a great option for people with cool skin tone.
- Medium ash brown is an ideal option for cool skin toned people. It is a combination of shades of green and blue which comes along with ashes.
- Reddish cinnamon provides a gorgeous look to cool skin toned people.
How to select best hair colors for your skin tone?
- Selecting the best hair color for any skin tone is a typical job.
- A good selection can make you look wonderful and a bad choice can destroy your entire look.
- Skin color is the most important factor to be considered while choosing a hair color.
- The hair color must go with the skin color for a perfect look.
- Skin undertone is also an important factor to be considered.
Techniques of applying hair color
Hair color can be applied in following two techniques:
- Off scalp
- Hair color can be applied as an overall color to the hairs.
- Streaks of different colors on a base color are new fashion.
- Streaks can be applied either as highlighting, lowlighting and splashlighting.
- Varies off scalp techniques can be applied using foiling method, cap method, balayage method and dipping method.
- On scalp
- Applying hair color on scalp gives a solid coverage.
- On scalp coloring can be done through root touch up method, all-over color method, and block coloring method.
- It sometimes requires hairs to be bleached.
Types of hair coloring
Following are the four basic types of hair coloring
- Such type of color contains ammonia.
- These colors are mixed with oxidizing agent so that hair color changes permanently.
- Demi permanent
- Demi permanent hair colors contains alkaline other than ammonia.
- The hydrogen peroxide content in the oxidizing agent is less than that present in permanent color.
- These colors are much more effective than semi permanent.
- Semi permanent
- It does not contain ammonia or any other alkaline.
- It causes less damage to hairs.
- Hairs cannot be lightened using semi permanent.
- It is the most vibrant and brighter than others.
- These are specially used for specific reasons.
- The hair color does not penetrate cuticle layer.
- It remains absorbed on the surface of hair and gets washed in single hair wash.
How to maintain hair color?
Hair color can be maintained using following tips and tricks:
- Color protecting shampoos and conditioners can be used when doing hair wash.
- One should use sulfate free shampoo to maintain the hair color.
- To enhance the blonde in hair use purple shampoo.
- To add luster to colored hairs attend deep conditioning treatments.
- Contact of chlorine with hair color is not recommended.
Disadvantages of hair colors
Although hair colors provide an elegant look to hairs, but its harmful effects cannot be avoided.
Hair colors contain chemicals which may cause serious issues such as:
- Allergy and skin irritation
- Hair breakage
- Discoloration of skin