Benefits of kismis
What are raisins?
- Raisins are a popular variety of dry fruits.
- Raisins are produced by drying grapes under the sun until they turn into golden, green or black in color.
- They are one of the healthiest snacks available for human beings.
- Raisins can be eaten raw and can even be used in cooking and as a healthy alternative for candies and cookies because of its sweet taste.
- Since they are high in calories, it is recommended to eat ¼ cup of raisins daily.
- Benefits of kismis
- Benefits of kismis for skin care
- Benefits of kismis for hair care
- Benefits of kismis due to its nutritional value
- Benefits of kismis salad
- Benefits of kismis soaked in water
- Uses of raisins
- Benefits of black kismis
- Benefits of eating black kismis soaked in water
Benefits of kismis
Raisins serve as a good source of energy and are used in health tonics, high energy food supplements, cultural cooking in desserts, cookies, pies, sweet dishes as well as in savory dishes.
Raisins provide loads of benefits. Some of the benefits of kismis are:
Helps to prevent constipation
- Raisins are loaded with loads of fibers, which swells when they absorb water and then successfully provide relief from constipation.
- Intake of raisins on regular basis helps to regularize bowel movement as the fibers present in raisins helps to remove toxins and wastes from the gastrointestinal tract in body.
- Fibers present in raisins provide a laxative effect to stomach and help to prevent constipation.
- The types of fibers present in raisins are considered insoluble fiber because it takes in water and gains volume in that way.
- Besides providing relief to constipation, intake of raisins also helps in curing loose motions by absorbing the liquid of loose stools and reducing the frequency and unpredictability of diarrhea.
Helps to prevent cancer
- Free radicals that float around the body and create havoc on the organ systems and cells are one of the primary factors that lead to spontaneous growth of cancer cells.
- Raisins consist of high levels of catechins, which are poly phenolic antioxidants in the blood.
- These antioxidants scavenge the free radicals floating around the body.
- Thus regular intake of raisins means regular intake of these antioxidants.
- Therefore you can prevent cancer from forming or slow down its process.
- Also, the fiber content helps promote excretion of bile from body, therefore flushing out toxics from body that can cause cancer.
Helps to prevent hypertension
- There is a positive correlation between reduced hypertension and raisin consumption.
- Raisins contain loads of iron, potassium, antioxidants and B-complex vitamins which are considered beneficial to control blood pressure.
- Raisins are believed to have the power to reduce blood pressure and protect the integrity of heart health.
- The potassium content of raisins s believed to be a solution for this problem.
- Potassium is a great way to reduce the tension of blood vessels and decrease blood pressure.
- The dietary fibers present in raisins also affect the biochemistry of blood vessels and reduce their stiffness which also in turn helps to reduce hypertension.
- The high level of potassium and absence of sodium content in raisins makes raisins an ideal food for a healthy diet.
Helps to cure Anemia
- Raisins serve a great source of iron and copper as well as B complex vitamins , these all are considered vital for the formation of red blood cells.
- Regular intake of raisins helps to promote blood clotting during wound healing which in turn help in preventing loss of red blood cells.
- The copper content of raisins also helps in formation of red blood cells.
Helps to prevent fever
- Raisins contains high content of phenolic phytochemicals which posses germicidal, antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- These properties help to cure fever by fighting the viral and bacterial infections.
- They posses anti bacterial properties that help lower the risk of fever and kills bacteria.
- These phenolic phytochemicals help fight viral and bacterial infections.
- The phytonutrients present in raisins posses antioxidants properties that are considered very good for ocular health, as they protect eyes from damage caused by free radicals in form of macular degeneration, age-related weakening of vision, and cataracts.
- Raisins also contain good amount of vitamin A, A-Beta Carotene and A-Caretenoid, all these are considered essential for good ocular health.
- Phytonutrients present in raisins are good for vision care.
- These nutrients and vitamins help to keep your eyes pure and sharp.
- Raisins contain olenolic acid which provides protection against tooth decay, cavities and teeth brittleness.
- It prevents the growth of bacteria known as Streptococcus Mutans and Porphyromonas Gingivalis which are major causes of cavities and other dental problems.
- Calcium content of raisins helps to prevent breaking or peeling away of teeth and enamel and makes them much stronger.
- Raisins also posses boron that prevents the growth of germs and helps in whitening teeth.
- Raisins kill bacteria which in turns prevent their further growth and keep the teeth in good shape.
- Boron present in raisins plays a vital role in curbing the growth of oral germs as well as in promoting strong teeth.
- Calcium is the main element of human bones, which is present in raisins in a good amount.
- Raisins are also the best source of boron, a micronutrient.
- A micronutrient is a nutrient required by body in small amount on regular basis.
- Boron is a vital micronutrient for bone formation and efficient absorption of calcium.
- Potassium present in raisins helps to strengthen bones and promotes bone growth.
- Potassium reduces the chances of osteoporosis in all types of people.
Helps to cure acidity
- Acidosis is a state of increased acidity of the blood or of the gases in our respiratory system.
- Increased acidity is harmful for the body as lead to health problems such as boils, skin disease, tumors etc.
- Potassium and magnesium are considered two great antacids, raisins are a good source of both of these antacids.
- These two minerals help in neutralizing acids and help to prevent acidity.
- These also help to remove toxins from our body helping to prevent diseases such as gout, kidney stones and heart diseases.
Helps in maintaining weight
- Combination of physical exercise and raisins helps to reduce weight.
- In fact raisins are particularly beneficial in gaining weight.
- Raisins contain natural sugars, fructose and glucose which help in gaining weight.
- Raisins are a good option for underweight people to gain weight in a healthy way.
- Raisins also stimulate the efficient absorption of other proteins, vitamins and nutrients gained from food which improves overall energy and immune system.
Benefits of kismis for skin care
- Phenol present in raisins protects skins from any damage.
- Phenol halts the signs of ageing, blemishes, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Raisins help to maintain healthy and glowing skin.
- Raisins contain resveratrol which slows down the ageing of skin cells.
- Raisins purify blood by eliminating black cells and toxic as well as improve the formati9on of red blood cells by providing oxygen to your skin.
- Raisins are packed with phenol which prevents the free radical from damaging the skin cells, collagen and elastin.
- The antioxidants present in raisins help to rejuvenate skin cells and prevent sagging of the skin.
- Consumption of black raisins helps to flush out toxins from body to have a clean and glowing skin.
- The phytochemicals present in raisins protect our skin when exposed to sun.
- The amino acids present in raisins helps to prevent skin cancer.
- The vitamin A and E present in raisins helps in development of new cells in skin’s outer layers.
- It also helps to the hydration process of skin making it suppler.
Benefits of kismis for hair care
Raisins contain loads of antioxidants that are required for improving the condition of the hair.
Benefits of kismis for the hair are as follows:
- Iron, vitamin B complex, potassium and antioxidant present in raisins makes your hair healthy, shiny and nourished.
- Regular intake of raisins also helps in reducing hair fall.
- Raisins contain iron that improves the blood circulation in the body and stimulates the hair follicle cells. This makes hairs healthy and strong.
- Vitamin C present in raisins helps to absorb minerals and provide nourishment which helps in maintaining the natural color of hair.
- Daily consumption of raisins strengthens blood vessels which helps is reducing flakiness, dandruff and itchiness of scalp.
- Raisins also help to prevent hair loss caused by environmental damage.
- Raisins contain Vitamin E that strengthens the cell membranes and also prevents free radicals from attacking the hair follicles.
Benefits of kismis due to its nutritional value
Raisins contains high amount of nutrients like vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Raisins are considered a dense source of energy. Raisins contain several health benefitting nutrients, some are as follows:
- Carbohydrates for energy
- 34 grams of carbohydrates are present in one small box of raisins and 26 grams of sugar for energy.
- 6 grams of fiber is also present in one small box of raisins, half of which is soluble that helps lower cholesterol and balance blood sugar.
- Regular intake of raisins fulfills the daily requirement of iron of your body.
- One small box of raisins provide 0.8 milligrams of iron which is 10 percent of men’s and 5 percent of women’s daily recommended intake.
- Potassium carries electrical charges that causes muscle contraction and stimulate nerve impulses.
- It is very essential for heart because it regulates heartbeat and lowers blood pressure.
- 5 ounce box of raisins contain 322 milligrams of potassium which is 7 percent of the recommended daily intake of potassium.
Benefits of kismis salad
- Raisins are a healthy alternative to candies, chocolates, chips etc.
- Although they are delicious when eaten alone, they can combine with other food items in salad to make it healthier.
- One such combination is carrot raisin salad, a delightful combination of crunchy texture and slightly sweet flavor.
- Ingredients required:
- ¾ cup of raisins
- shredded carrots-4 cups
- mayonnaise- 1 cup
- 2-3 tablespoon of milk
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Method :
- Mix raisins and shredded carrot in one bowl.
- Prepare dressing by combining mayonnaise, sugar and milk.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture of raisins and carrot.
- Mix it well.
Benefits of kismis soaked in water
- Soaked raisins helps to cure heart and liver disorders.
- Drinking raisin soaked water continuously for 4 days without any gap keeps you on way to good functioning of heart and liver.
- Moreover eating soaked raisins detoxifies body by flushing out the toxins from the body.
- Drinking soaked resins water detoxifies blood, boosts metabolism and reduces acidity.
Uses of raisins
- It can be sprinkled on salads, peanut butter slathered celery sticks, fruit bowls.
- Can be added to sweeten oatmeal or smoothie bowl.
- Adding it to mashes potatoes, sautéed vegetables will make a delightful combination.
- It can serve as a natural sweetener in muffins and pancakes.
Benefits of black kismis
Black raisins are popular for its sugary taste and juicy flavor.
It contains a lot of medicinal properties which helps to take proper care of our health.
In addition to this, its natural components improve the texture of skin and hair.
Benefits of black kismis are as follows
Keeps blood free from impurities
- Black kismis has natural properties in case of blood purification.
- Sometimes it becomes hard to keep blood free from toxins, waste materials and a number of other impurities which causes dry skin, makes skin prone to acne, and results in unattractive facial skin.
- Black raisins are an excellent source of antioxidants which accelerate the functions of liver and kidney.
- They also eliminate free radicals from body and detoxify it completely.
- These all results into a clean and clear skin.
Prevents premature ageing
- Black raisins are high in antioxidants and phytochemicals which protect our skin cells from potential damage caused due to long time exposure to sun and excessive pollution.
- They also prevent disintegration of DNA of skin cells; consequently we can avert premature ageing effectively.
- Antioxidants content of black raisins also help improve our immunity and also the elasticity of muscle fibers also gets boosted.
- A handful intake of black raisins daily is sufficient to keep away premature ageing.
Prevents hair loss
- Black raisins are full of iron which is a vital and essential nutrient for our body.
- Iron is essential to keep circulatory system healthy.
- A healthy circulatory system is essential for maintaining blood circulation throughout the scalp preventing hair fall.
- Black raisin also contains Vitamin C that provides nourishment to the hair.
Prevents graying of hair
- Vitamin c and iron absorbs a lot of minerals and provide nourishment to hair strands.
- It not only maintains overall health of hairs but also maintains its natural color.
Helps to fight against bad cholesterol
- It contains no cholesterol and helps to curb the adverse effects of Low Density Lipoproteins (LDL).
- Black raisins contain a lot of soluble fiber which is an anti-cholesterol compound.
- It removes LDL from bloodstream to liver and then flushes out it from our body.
- Polyphenol present in raisins helps in bringing the cholesterol levels down in body.
Keeps anemia at bay
- Black raisins are essentially beneficial for people suffering with acute anemia.
- The rich content of iron in raisins raises the hemoglobin level in blood and cures anemia.
Successfully treats osteoporosis
- Calcium plays a vital role in maintaining health of skeletal system.
- Lack of calcium causes serious diseases such as osteoporosis.
- Black raisins hold a great amount of calcium.
- Consuming black raisins increases the level of calcium in body and helps to fight such diseases.
- If one is suffering from this disease the black raisins leads to remineralisation of bones and cures this disease.
Controls blood pressure
- High blood pressure causes serious health problems.
- Sodium is the main culprit in increasing blood pressure in body.
- Black raisins are rich in potassium.
- Potassium is the most efficient mineral which lowers the level of sodium in body.
- Intake of black raisins daily helps to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Improves digestive system
- Raisins contain both types of fibers, soluble and insoluble fibers.
- A cup of black raisins contain 7 grams of fiber.
- Regular intake of black raisins can increase the fiber content of food quickly and easily.
Control hunger pangs
- The high level of fibers in black raisins helps to feel full for longer period of time and control hunger pangs.
- By controlling hunger pangs it also prevents us from extra calorie intake.
Benefits of eating black raisins soaked in water
- Soaking raisins in water and then eating them is a healthy option.
- Soaking raisins and eating them provides extra advantages than eating them raw.
- Soaking raisins in water makes the vitamins and minerals present on outer skin of the raisin to be dissolved in water.
- This increases the amount of vitamins absorbed by the body.
- Soaking raisins in water also enhances the antioxidant content.
- It is also beneficial for people with high blood pressure.